Vision & Aims
Pupils will be given the opportunity to:-
- Achieve the highest standards and make the best progress in all areas of their lives by having high expectations of themselves and others.
- Develop lively, enquiring, imaginative and creative minds with the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks.
- Develop the effective use of the key skills of communication, numeracy and information technology.
- Develop the ability to work independently and co-operatively.
- Apply themselves effectively to a wide range of tasks and activities.
- Transfer skills already learned to new ideas and concepts.
- Develop the ability to reflect upon and appraise their own work.
- Develop the ability to appreciate, express and communicate ideas in a variety of aesthetic, creative and imaginative forms.
- Develop personal health and fitness.
- Develop a reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs.
- Develop their self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Develop an understanding of how to take care of themselves and stay safe.
- Develop personal attitudes to all aspects of school life.
- Develop the ability to respond flexibly to change.
- Develop an understanding of the multi-cultural nature of society and to foster respect for those with different religions, beliefs and ways of life.
- Develop an understanding of the world in which they live, and the interdependence of individuals, groups, nations and the environment.
- Develop the facility to become active, responsible citizens in the school and wider community.
- Develop a sense of self-respect with the capacity to live both as independent, self-motivated and self-disciplined adults and as contributory members of co-operative groups among which the family is a particularly important group.
- Develop an understanding of the basic skills required for varying employment patterns in a fast-changing world.
- Develop interests and skills, which will enable them to enjoy and make the best use of leisure time.
- Develop the ability to appreciate human achievements and aspirations.